That J-Drama Addiction...

Monday, August 19, 2013

Hi guys! I know I've been away for like almost half a year already. I didn't know that working in a hospital would really take up a lot of my time. Everytime I get a day off, I'd rather sleep the whole day than go to the mall ,or surf the net, or even to BLOG! Really diferrent from my previous lifestyle back when I was still a student.
Anyways, what kept me really busy these past few months is watching Japanese Dramas.
I know, I know.. you're a K-drama addict and you think that Korean guys and girls are way, way hotter than the Japanese actors and actresses...well, whatever! I'm a huge fan of the way the Japanese interpret mangas into live action films and dramas.


I've already watched 29 J-dramas since January this year and I'm still searching for more. 
I'm going to share to you the top 5 J-dramas that I'm loving so far... :)

If you're looking for some action with a twist, then I'd recommend you'd watch Bloody Monday, which goes down to number 5 on my list.

Bloody Monday has 2 seasons, the first season was released last 2008, and the second one was on 2010.

The story revolves around a young hacker, Takagi Fujimaru a.k.a. 'Falcon' (played by Miura Haruma), trying to stop terrorists from spreading the 'Bloody X' virus. If I'd continue on talking about more of the synopsis of this drama, it'll be a total spoiler :p

Actually, Miura Haruma is indeed one of my favorite Japanese actors. He's really talented. I've watched like 7 of his dramas, but I really fell in love with him on Bloody Monday. Other famous Japanese actors, such as Satoh Takeru, Fujii Mina, and Narimiya Hiroki also stars in this drama.


Number 4 on my list is Gokusen


The star of 'Ring 0' Nakama Yukie plays a very interesting role as a homeroom teacher of class 3-D.
It's a lightweight drama full of laughs, lessons, a heart-warming relationship between students and teacher, and good-looking boys!

What I really love about this J-drama is the moral lessons you learn from Yankumi. Gokusen has 3 seasons since it was really popular not only Japan, but also in some countries, such as here in the Philippines. This drama made most of the Japanese actors popular as of today, like Matsumoto Jun, Oguri Shun, Kamenashi Kazuya, Koike Teppei, Mizushima Hiro, Matsuyama Kenichi, Miura Haruma, and so much more!

Next on my list which made to the 3rd spot is Nobuta Wo Produce.

Shuji (played by Kamenashi Kazuya), is a popular student, because he likes to play cool around his classmates whenever he is at school, until he met Akira (played by Yamashita Tomohisa), a happy-go-lucky classmate of his who discovers Shuji's true personality. The two of them help the transfer student who's bullied by most people named Nobuko (played by Horikita Maki) to make her the most popular girl in school.

A drama about true comradery, that's what Nobuta Wo Produce is all about.

Number 2 on my list is a romantic-comedy...none other than Last Cinderella!


I've been tweeting, posting on Facebook and Instagram about this drama a LOT! This drama was just released last April 2013. The perfect drama for spring!

Sakura (played by Shinohara Ryoko) is a 39-year-old single woman who is solely dedicated to her work. She doesn't even have time to find the love of her life. Until she met the 24-year-old Hiroto (played by Miura Haruma), who made her feel what was like to be in love again, but made her really confused because of their age difference. 


A drama full of 'kilig' moments and laughs. I'd never get tired of watching this drama over and over again. Plus Miura Haruma is really hot on this one ;) If you're tired of all the serious romantic stuff of some Asian dramas, and looking for a fun, daring, funny, and mature drama, then this is the one!

...and the number 1 drama that's truly a classic is...
*drum roll please*
Nodame Cantabile!


If you're into music, then this is the drama for you. 

Nodame Cantabile is a lightweight drama that's full of laughs, funny and cute moments, and classical music.

I love, love, love, Ueno Juri on this drama! She's definitely one of the best actresses of Japan as of Today.





 ...and that's my top 5 picks.
but wait- there's more!

You might want to check out the other dramas that I've watched:

  • Mop Girl
  • Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
  • Voice
  • 14-sai no haha
  • Tokyo Dogs
  • Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
  • Hanazakari no kimitachi e (2007)
  • Hell Girl Live Action
  • Zettai Kareshi
  • Binbo Danshi
  • Last Friends
  • Iryu Team Medical Dragon
  • Smile
  • Samurai High School
  • Koizora series
  • Ouran Host Club
  • Taisetsu na koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta
  • Osen
  • Switch Girl 1 & 2


 'till next post! - k*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Visit: Beauty & Blogging

Visit: Beauty & Blogging
Beauty Blog